Home » How to Apply

Recent Comments



    • No categories

    How to Apply

    British and European Union students: Go straight to Stage 1.

    If you are not a resident within the European Union, you must apply for a student visa from the British High Commission in your country. Please see below for more information.

    Step-by-Step Instructions on how to apply

    Steps to Applying for a Place at Warnborough College

    Stage 1

    Complete and submit an application form for the course. Remember to include supporting documentation (academic transcripts, a copy of your passport, English language qualifications). Keep a copy for your own records. View terms.

    Stage 2

    We will send you a provisional offer letter for a place on the program, an invoice for the fees and an affidavit of support.

    Stage 3

    To accept the offer of a place, send the following to us:

    1. signed copy of the affidavit
    2. applicable fees, including:
      • application fee (unless previously paid)
      • tuition fee
      • airport pickup/accommodation search fees (if required)
      • accommodation fees – 4 weeks prepaid (if required)
    3. airport pickup/accommodation form, if required

    Stage 4

    We will send a “confirmation of enrolment” letter as well as a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number. This CAS number should then be submitted to the British Embassy for visa consideration (see below for more details on how to apply).

    Stage 5

    Once you receive your student visa, you should notify us immediately. If your visa application is unsuccessful, please send the original rejection letter from the British Embassy and all original enrolment documentation to us. A refund less a small administrative charge will be made within 6 weeks. See our Refund Policy for more details.

    Stage 6

    Advise us of expected date of arrival to ensure airport pickup, accommodation and timetables, where applicable, are organised.

    collapse sectionClick here for more information Information about Points Based Student Visas (Tier 4)

    The points-based visa system for international students (Tier 4)

    UK visa regulations for international students changed in April 2010. The information below is only meant as a guide and has been adapted from the UK Border Agency‘s website. You must check the UKBA website for the latest and most accurate information.

    Do I need a visa?

    To gain entry into the United Kingdom as a student, you must pass a points-based assessment with a score of at least 40 points to get your visa.

    What is the points-based system?

    What is the points-based system?

    The points-based system was launched in 2008 to ensure that only those with the right skills or the right contribution will be able to come to the United Kingdom to work and study.

    For study, you will score:

    • 30 points for a CAS reference number from a licensed sponsor; and
    • 10 points if you can show you have enough finances to cover you, your course fees and monthly living expenses for up to 12 months (known as maintenance)

    What is a CAS?

    A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is an electronic document containing your personal details and information about your course. The visa officer processing your application can see all the information s/he needs to know about you and what you intend to study. You cannot apply for a visa to study in the United Kingdom unless your institution issues you with a CAS reference number.

    What is a licensed sponsor?

    You must study with a licensed sponsor (the education provider) on the UK Border Agency Tier 4 Register of Sponsors which you can find online at the UK Border Agency Register of Sponsors.

    Your sponsor is responsible for you while you are in the United Kingdom, and must tell the UK Border Agency if you:

    • do not arrive for the start of a course
    • withdraw from a course
    • defer or suspend your studies
    • fail to attend your course for significant periods of time.

    Warnborough College is a UKBA Licensed Sponsor (A Rating).

    Fees, living and other expenses

    The money that you need includes course fees and monthly living costs. The monthly living costs needed depends on where you are studying.

    Length of course Where you will study Maintenance (finance) needed
    9 months or less London Course fees + £800 for each month of the course
    9 months or less Outside London Course fees + £600 for each month of the course
    More than 9 months London First year of fees + £7,200 to cover the first 9 months
    More than 9 months Outside London First year of fees + £5,400 to cover the first 9 months


    Bank Accounts

    You must prove that you have sufficient funds to cover course fees plus living expenses for the duration of your stay in a bank account. The bank account (in your name or held jointly with your parents) must have been held for at least 1 month prior to your visa application.

    • The bank account can be held in the parents’ names for applicants who are under 18.
    • Students with bank loans will need to provide confirmation of their loan from their bank.
    • Funded students are exempt from the above.

    How much does it cost to apply for a visa?

    This information can be obtained from the UK Border Agency website.

    Can I work in the UK?

    This will depend on your student visa.

    How do I apply for a visa?

    You need 40 points to be able to apply for a student visa and must provide the proof needed with your application form.

    Points What you gets points for Proof and documents needed
    30 Doing a course (at an acceptable level) with an approved education provider (also known as sponsorship) CAS reference number from your approved education provider
    10 Having enough money to cover your course fees and monthly living costs (also known as maintenance) Bank statement or letter confirming that you have enough money available to cover your course fees and monthly living costs for up to one year, at the time you submit your application

    You must be able to prove that the money you need to apply has been in your account for 28 days before you submit your application.

    You will need to complete an application form and submit it with the application fee. Remember to include:

    • a current passport or travel document
    • a CAS reference number from a licensed sponsor
    • documents to show you have the right finances (maintenance) available
    • documents used by your sponsors when they accepted you onto the course
    • your ID card if you are applying from inside the United Kingdom

    Your biometric details may also be recorded if you are applying from outside the United Kingdom.