The Pre-Medical Advanced Diploma is an intensive training course designed to provide opportunities for any individual in any part of the world, to prepare for a rewarding career in medicine, health sciences, complementary medicine or a para-medical field.
The Pre-Medical Advanced Diploma may be applied for entry to various WHO medical universities located in the Caribbean. The programme is available by distance learning from anywhere in the world.
This programme is conducted onsite in Canterbury. It is an intensive programme over six (6) months. Students must achieve a score of 7.0 in IELTS proficiency before they are allowed to graduate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with good passes in Science subjects (Biology, Chemisty, Physics, and Mathematics)
- Proficiency in English (IELTS 6.0 upwards)
Students who are non-native English speakers may begin the Programme without these scores BUT they will not be allowed to graduate with the Pre-Medical Advanced Diploma until the required score has been obtained.
- University Foundation Studies
- BSC101 Anatomy & Physiology (Human Anatomy 1A)
- BSC109 Medical Terminology
- BSC103 Biochemistry I (Animals)
- BSC110 Cell Biology
- BSC203 Biochemistry II (Molecules)
- BSC111 Physiology II
- BSC112 Anatomy II
- BSC303 Biochemistry III (Animal Biochemical Processes)
Possible Career Options for Students on the Pre-Medical Diploma
Anesthesiologist, Midwife, Physician, Nurse, Dentist, Surgeon , Radiologist, Pharmacist, Biomedical Scientist, etc
Naturopath, Herbalist, Nutritionist, Wellness Consultant , Sports Therapist, Remedial Therapist, Homeopath, etc
Allied Health and Para-medical Fields
Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Chiropractor, Paramedic, Osteopath, Pathologist, Optometrist,
Medical Illustrator, Podiatrist, Veterinarian